|This website has been created for Catholic Charities of Herkimer County with financial assistance, in whole or in part, through a grant from the Herkimer County Office for the Aging, the New York State Office for the Aging and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, the Federal Medicare agency.
HIICAP is a federally funded program from the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
This website has been created or produced by Herkimer County with financial assistance, in whole or in part, through a grant from the New York State Office for the Aging and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, the Federal Medicare agency. The HIICAP Program of Herkimer County is sponsored by Catholic Charities of Herkimer County, and is funded through the Herkimer County Office for the Aging.
HIICAP provides you and your loved ones with information, education and counseling about Medicare and other health insurances. Trained staff and volunteers will answer your questions.
The services provided by HIICAP are both free and unbiased.
HIICAP can help you:
- understand the Medicare prescription drug benefit (Medicare Part D) and how to select the best plan
- understand "Extra Help", a low income subsidy offered by the Social Security Administration
- find ways to pay for your prescription drugs or medical equipment
- understand and apply for EPIC (Elderly Pharmaceutical Insurance Coverage)
- choose between original Medicare and Medicare Advantage Plans, including Medicare HMOs, Medicare PPOs, Medicare Special Needs Plans and Medicare Private Fee-for-Service Plans
- understand Medicare rules and your medical bills
- report possible Medicare fraud or abuse
- appeal a decision by Medicare, your managed care provider or other health insurance company
- discover ways to fill in Medicare's gaps
- file and insurance claim and deal with paperwork
- learn about prevention and screening coverage that keeps you healthy or helps detect issues early
- pick the right Long Term Care Insurance policy
- explore New York State Partnership for Long Term Care options
HIICAP Local Number: 315-894-9917
HIICAP Hotline Number: 1-800-701-0501
Click here for our video (wmv)
About us | Services | Links | Directions | Contact Us
HIICAP Program of Herkimer County | 61 West St. | Ilion, NY 13357 | 315-894-9917